HttpRequest InputStream read timeout

Discussion in 'Java' started by shaikhsn@gmail.com, Mar 15, 2007.

    I am getting a java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out when
    trying to read the input stream from the HttpRequest object. This is
    done to get the form parameter values for content-type=multipart/form-
    data

    This application is deployed on a Websphere Application server and
    working fine as a standalone application (Say Server 1). Another box
    (Say Server 2) is hosting a single servlet application to forward the
    requests to server 1. Server 2 was running fine. We have just
    redeployed the same EAR and now Server 1 is failing to read the input
    stream from Server2.

    One strange thing is that a similar application as on Server 2 is
    running on production and staging environment by forwarding the
    requests to Server1, in which case Server 1 is successfully reading
    the input stream from the HttpRequest object.

    Hope, I have not confused you a lot. There might some settings on the
    Websphere or in the Application or on the network that is not allowing
    the input stream to be read by the remote server.

    Any pointers or hint will be appreciated. You can also send me an
    email at

    Thanks & Regards,
    Shakir Shaikh
    , Mar 15, 2007