    Then I will need to go to the right URL and upload a file.

    Any thoughts or help.

    David
    David Armour, Feb 9, 2004

  2. David Armour

    Chris Guest

    "David Armour" <> wrote in message
    news:c08c0r$4oe$...
    > Need to open a secure HTTPS session. That part is easy.
    > But how do I push a user name and password to log in.
    > Then I will need to go to the right URL and upload a file.
    > Any thoughts or help.

    I don't have an answer, only a few thoughts:

    Can you force the user to log in the first time, and then store encrypted
    user/password in cookies?

    This is all client-side stuff. That suggests using Javascript. Or not using
    a browser at all, just a java app. Or (yikes!) ActiveX.
    Chris, Feb 9, 2004

  3. David Armour

    David Armour Guest

    Chris

    Our server needs to talk with another server. In this particular
    transaction we are the client. I don't think we are going to be able to use
    typical client side tecnologies. Can the interaction with a web page be
    automated by sending name-value pairs and/or running buttons?

    David

    David Armour, Feb 9, 2004