HTTPS and automating client sessions

David Armour

Hi

Need to open a secure HTTPS session. That part is easy.

But how do I push a user name and password to log in.

Then I will need to go to the right URL and upload a file.

Any thoughts or help.

David

Chris

David Armour said:
Need to open a secure HTTPS session. That part is easy.
But how do I push a user name and password to log in.
Then I will need to go to the right URL and upload a file.
Any thoughts or help.

I don't have an answer, only a few thoughts:

Can you force the user to log in the first time, and then store encrypted
user/password in cookies?

This is all client-side stuff. That suggests using Javascript. Or not using
a browser at all, just a java app. Or (yikes!) ActiveX.

David Armour

Chris

Our server needs to talk with another server. In this particular
transaction we are the client. I don't think we are going to be able to use
typical client side tecnologies. Can the interaction with a web page be
automated by sending name-value pairs and/or running buttons?

David