https and virtual directories

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Dru Snyder, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. Dru Snyder

    Dru Snyder Guest

    I've never done a login to a website so please bear with me. What is the
    best way to go about this? Do I put all of the pages in a subdirectory that
    I want secured and then put a different web.config file in there to specify
    Forms authentication and deny all users? I tried to do that, but then I get
    this error:

    in IIS.

    So then I went into IIS and made that subdirectory a virtual directory. I
    don't get that error, but no codebehind pages work then. I'm not sure why,
    but then I get this error.

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'realestate.members.WebForm2'.

    Apparently the aspx page can't find the class in it's code-behind page. I
    assume because it is it's own virtual directory and the path to the class
    isn't correct. I've changed it to everything I could think of, but still no
    go.

    If anyone has any suggestions regarding this and possibly a good book that
    deals with asp.net and ssl that would help, I would greatly appreciate it.

    Dru
    Dru Snyder, Mar 15, 2005