HTTPS connection in WTK2.2 (J2ME): "Certificate was issued by anunrecognized entity" IOException

Discussion in 'Java' started by Alex Hunsley, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. Alex Hunsley

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    I'm developing with Sun's Wireless Toolkit 2.2.
    I have some working code that makes an HTTP connection.
    I'm trying to change it to make an HTTPS connection.

    No complete code I can post at this stage, but the code of relevance is
    as follows:

    String baseURL = "https://central.sun.net";

    HttpsConnection hc = (HttpsConnection)Connector.open(baseURL);

    InputStream in = hc.openInputStream();

    This throws an IOException on the last line with the detail message:

    "Certificate was issued by an unrecognized entity"

    AFACS, https://central.sun.net has a cert that is registered with
    recognized authorities (Verisign according to Firefox), so this error
    would appear to be inaccurate. Can anyone shed any light on this situation?
    thanks
    lex

    Alex Hunsley, Jun 28, 2006