HTTPS connection in WTK2.2 (J2ME): "Certificate was issued by anunrecognized entity" IOException

Alex Hunsley

I'm developing with Sun's Wireless Toolkit 2.2.
I have some working code that makes an HTTP connection.
I'm trying to change it to make an HTTPS connection.

No complete code I can post at this stage, but the code of relevance is
as follows:

String baseURL = "https://central.sun.net";

HttpsConnection hc = (HttpsConnection)Connector.open(baseURL);

InputStream in = hc.openInputStream();

This throws an IOException on the last line with the detail message:

"Certificate was issued by an unrecognized entity"

AFACS, https://central.sun.net has a cert that is registered with
recognized authorities (Verisign according to Firefox), so this error
would appear to be inaccurate. Can anyone shed any light on this situation?
thanks
lex