    behind this password site?

    Thanks in advance

    Jenny

    Jenny, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Hi,

    1) yes, you can set that up in IIS.First you need to install the SSL
    certificate inside IIS, then you go to 'directory security', edit and switch
    on the 'require secure channel (SSL)' checkbox.

    2) If you are just talking about ASPX pages, the built-in security of
    ASP.NET is just fine. So you setup your web.config file to Forms
    authentication, deny access for users who are not logged in and allow access
    for authenticated users.

    There are two nice papers about this in case you are interested:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/secnetlpMSDN.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/authaspdotnet.asp

    Best regards,

    Marc Hoeppner