    I have seen a few out there but they all use custom packages... not pure
    java.

    -Jim
    DrChaos, Oct 14, 2006

  2. DrChaos

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:08:02 +0100, DrChaos <> wrote:

    > Hi, I'm looking for a compact "pure java" https handler... like a
    > wrapper for HTTPClient.
    >
    > Basically, from a client ap, it needs to be able to pull data from https
    > sites.
    >
    > Sun's JSSE packages Are over .5 megs
    > This is a little big for a distribution....
    > Anyone found/made a good java package to do this?
    >
    > I have seen a few out there but they all use custom packages... not pure
    > java.

    http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/AlternativeJSSE

    JSSE has been a core package for about 5 years. So, unless you need to
    support really old runtimes, it's available by default.

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer
    http://www.uncommons.org
    Daniel Dyer, Oct 14, 2006

  3. DrChaos

    Tom Forsmo Guest

    DrChaos wrote:
    > Hi, I'm looking for a compact "pure java" https handler... like a
    > wrapper for HTTPClient.
    >
    > Basically, from a client ap, it needs to be able to pull data from https
    > sites.

    You can use the URL class in the java.net package, it supports different
    protocols, including http, https, ftp and other.

    The key is to initialise it with the url and then call the openStream()
    method, which talks to the server and provides you with an InputStream
    to retrieve the result from. Mind you this method only supports GET
    requests. If you want support for POST requests you have to use the
    URLConnection class instead.

    tom
    Tom Forsmo, Oct 15, 2006