    and I do not know if it is nescessary or not.
    Thanks for help.
    L.
    Johny, Sep 25, 2007

  2. Johny

    Larry Bates Guest

    Johny wrote:
    > If I need to log in to a site using https protocol must I use
    > certification file and key file?
    > The class HTTPSConnection syntax is
    > class HTTPSConnection( host[, port, key_file, cert_file])
    >
    > and I do not know if it is nescessary or not.
    > Thanks for help.
    > L.

    Depends on what the server requires. You can do basic authenticate to a https:
    site if it supports it.

    -Larry
    Larry Bates, Sep 25, 2007

  3. Johny

    Johny Guest

    Re: HTTPS request

    On Sep 25, 6:17 pm, Larry Bates <> wrote:
    > Johny wrote:
    > > If I need to log in to a site using https protocol must I use
    > > certification file and key file?
    > > The class HTTPSConnection syntax is
    > > class HTTPSConnection( host[, port, key_file, cert_file])

    > > and I do not know if it is nescessary or not.
    > > Thanks for help.
    > > L.

    > Depends on what the server requires. You can do basic authenticate to a https:
    > site if it supports it.
    >
    > -Larry

    Hello Larry,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I had to register on this site, so I have Login and Password.
    I can log in to the site through normal process on the server(by
    filling in the login form).
    But I can not login to the site from my Python program.
    I use the same procedure as I do for other webservers that require
    login information. The only difference is that the server, this time,
    is HTTPS server.
    So I do not know if I must use a SSL certificate or not and if I can
    use HTTP 1.0 or I must use HTTP 1.1 protocol.
    Any idea?
    Thanks
    L.
    Johny, Sep 26, 2007