HTTPS to HTTP

Raymond Tam

When I am using server-side button to switch from https to
http by using response.redirect "http://a.apsx" in
response to the client event, I am still at the https
environment (ie. the address bar on the IE is
https://a.aspx). However, when using hyperlink control,
there is no mis-representation.

Can anyone advise how to deal with this? Is it .NET bug?

Carl Prothman [MVP]

Raymond Tam said:
When I am using server-side button to switch from https to
http by using response.redirect "http://a.apsx" in
response to the client event, I am still at the https
environment (ie. the address bar on the IE is
https://a.aspx). However, when using hyperlink control,
there is no mis-representation.

Try including the complete URL (include the server or domain name).

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman

Marco Scheel

hi,

thats by design :) if you redirect the "script" the client won't update the
adress bar. for that you have to use a javascript or http-meta refresh.

try the following (with or without https)

page1.aspx
-> do a redirect to page2.aspx

in the adress bar you will still see page1.aspx :)

bye marco