HTTPSERVLET

brijesh

i have a problem with servlets on jakarta tomcat 3.2.3
on one server my program runs fine but when i copied the same program
onto a new server with same applications i observed the following
problems.
Could any one please guide me on the solution to the the problem. the
compilation gave me the errors as below. please tell me where am i
missing out the javax.servlet pakage...if any path settings have to be
done please let me know
thank you
Brijesh

-----------------

INF/classes/
/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0_03/bin/javac -classpath
..:/usr/local:/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0_03/lib login.java
login.java:24: package javax.servlet does not exist
import javax.servlet.*;
^
login.java:25: package javax.servlet.http does not exist
import javax.servlet.http.*;
^
login.java:30: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class HttpServlet
location: class login
public class login extends HttpServlet
^
login.java:33: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class ServletConfig
location: class login
public void init(ServletConfig servletConfig)
^
login.java:38: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class HttpServletRequest
location: class login
public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
^
login.java:38: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class HttpServletResponse
location: class login
public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
^
login.java:39: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class ServletException
location: class login
throws IOException,ServletException
^
login.java:74: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class HttpServletRequest
location: class login
public void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse
res)
^
login.java:74: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class HttpServletResponse
location: class login
public void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse
res)
^
login.java:75: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class ServletException
location: class login
throws IOException,ServletException
^
login.java:58: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class HttpSession
location: class login
HttpSession session = req.getSession(true);
^
11 errors
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `login.class'
[test servlet]#

Kim Andreassen

You should check that there actually is a .jar file in the common/lib
directory in Tomcat called servlet.jar That seems to be your problem.

Pardon for any faulty english

Regards

Kim Andreassen