    Thanks
    pradeep_tp
    Query_0000002
    =?Utf-8?B?cHJhZGVlcF9UUA==?=, Oct 16, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cHJhZGVlcF9UUA==?=

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    pradeep_TP wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to find out the internals of session management in
    > ASP.net. I often come accross a class called HTTPSession. However I
    > do not find any such class anywhere in the .net framework class. The
    > closest i could get was HttpSessioState class which is in
    > System.Web.SessionState namespace. Can anybody please explain me
    > whether i have understood it correctly?

    Yes, that's the class you're looking for.

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de
    mailto:
    Joerg Jooss, Oct 16, 2005

  3. Jooss your reply has confused me. when you said "that's the class " which
    class are you pointing to. If you meant HttpSessioState, the why so many web
    sites refer to HttpSession class, which i do not see anywhere!

    thanks
    pradeep_tp

    =?Utf-8?B?cHJhZGVlcF9UUA==?=, Oct 16, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cHJhZGVlcF9UUA==?=

    Siva M Guest

    HttpSessionState is the one that represents HTTP session.

    Siva M, Oct 16, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cHJhZGVlcF9UUA==?=

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    pradeep_TP wrote:

    > Jooss your reply has confused me. when you said "that's the class "
    > which class are you pointing to. If you meant HttpSessioState, the
    > why so many web sites refer to HttpSession class, which i do not see
    > anywhere!

    There's only one class: HttpSessionState. There's no class HttpSession
    (that's the name of the equivalent interface in J2EE).

    If somebody refers to a "session" or a "HTTP session", it implies using
    an instance of the HttpSessionState class in ASP.NET.

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de
    mailto:
    Joerg Jooss, Oct 16, 2005
  6. Thank you joerg.

    I was also quite sure that its the HttpsessionState and NOT Httpsession. But
    i was really confused (should i still say still confused...) when I read the
    following articles.

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ASPNETSessionInternals.asp#xx1030220xx.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/converttoaspnet.asp

    Both of the articles talk about HTTPSession object!!. I wonder whether it is
    a voodoo magic!?

    Cheers
    pradeep_tp

    =?Utf-8?B?cHJhZGVlcF9UUA==?=, Oct 16, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?cHJhZGVlcF9UUA==?=

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    pradeep_TP wrote:

    > Thank you joerg.
    >
    > I was also quite sure that its the HttpsessionState and NOT
    > Httpsession. But i was really confused (should i still say still
    > confused...) when I read the following articles.
    >
    > http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ASPNETSessionInternals.asp#xx1030220
    > xx.
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnasp
    > p/html/converttoaspnet.asp
    >
    > Both of the articles talk about HTTPSession object!!. I wonder
    > whether it is a voodoo magic!?

    No, it's just a mild case of sloppiness on the authors' side ;-)

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de
    mailto: