HttpSession gets generated again and again!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Discussion in 'Java' started by che, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. che

    che Guest

    Hi!

    I'm working with JBoss (4.0.3) and EJB 3.0.

    I have developed a petsore web application, with ejb 3.0 and jsp.
    I have some entities and session beans (one stateful for a cart and
    theothers are stateless), one servlet and and 5 jsp pages.

    Every JSP page calls the controller servlet which holds the ejbs and
    puts them into session or request scopes and then calls the jsp pages
    to show the objects. I guess it is called "facede" pattern o.s.l.t.!

    I'm working with two computers, which are connected, one is a pc and
    the other is a notebook.

    JBoss is installed on the pc an I invoke the application on my
    notebook.

    If I invoke the app remotely like described above (with this call:
    http://192.168.2.2:8080/petshop)

    everything is working fine, but if I try to work on the pc, where
    jboss is installed, and the app is deployed (with his call:

    http://localhost:8080/petshop
    OR
    http://127.0.0.1:8080/petshop)

    the httpSession is getting generated again and again; everytime when
    the controller Servlet is invoked!

    Can someone tell me - please - what I'm doing wrong?

    Why does it work remotely, but not locally?

    che, Oct 10, 2005

  2. che wrote:

    > Can someone tell me - please - what I'm doing wrong?
    >
    > Why does it work remotely, but not locally?

    Should work the same both locally and remote, try to use the
    192.168-adress in both cases and see what happens. Maybe it's a
    jboss-feature, try look it up in the jboss-forum.

    --
    jon martin solaas

    Jon Martin Solaas, Oct 10, 2005

  3. che

    che Guest

    Hi Jon Martin,

    thank you for your reply.

    I have already done that. It dosen't work, neither with the
    http://localhost:8080 nor with the IP http://127.0.0.1:8080, just when
    I work locally with the network IP address, it works locally. But
    normaly, it should also be possible to use the localhost or
    127.0.0.1:8080, without any drastic changes!!

    I have also made a thread in jboss forum:
    http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3900118#3900118
    But there is no reply yet!

    Anyway, I will post the soloution here, if I should find one!

    che, Oct 10, 2005