HttpUnit - JavaScript - iFrames

kalensr

Greetings All:

I am wondering if anyone has experience working with js and iframes in
httpunit?

The application I am working with has multiple iframes that get loaded
with specific content when certain js code is called.
e.g.

Clicking a Tab
onClick="tabChange('0', '4')

load specific Tab with content
loadTab(0, 'New')

I am wondering how difficult it is to do simple js calls from httpUnit,
and if there are any examples out there.

Thanks,

kalen

Andrew Thompson

kalensr said:
I am wondering if anyone has experience working with js and iframes

Sure. Plenty of the JS coders have dealt extensively with
IFRAMES (which display a number of quirky problems AFAIR).
They hang out here[1]..
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript>

[1] Or rather, that usenet newsgroup, as opposed to 'a web
archive of that usenet newsgroup'.
.. in
httpunit?

...I do not understand the special signifcance of HttpUnit[2], because..
I am wondering how difficult it is to do simple js calls from httpUnit,

...a lot of these questions boil down to 'how do you do it in HTML
and JS?' - because that is what most end users end up getting in
their browser, the technology used to generate that HTML and JS
on the server (whether it is JSP/HttpUnit/Servlet, ASP or PHP)
is not actually relevant.