HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse

Ashish, FL

Hi all:

My old application used to POST xml to a remote server using HttpWebRequest
from within an aspx page. The process worked like a charm (though sometimes I
experienced delays in receiving a response). Using the .NET class similar to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330589/EN-US/#7

Now, I am required to make that POST xml request over HTTPS instead of HTTP.
I have no ideas what to do, where to begin. Ofcourse, just changing the
posturl from "http://" to "https://" didn't work (as expected, hehehe). Can
anyone throw some pointers...?

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi,

You probably need to define a custom security policy. A browser has this
built in but HttpWebRequest doesn't. You'll want to search for
System.Net.ICertificatePolicy to find out how to create these. Good luck!
Ken.

Ashish, FL

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the tip. I will try to look it up.

In the meantime, does anyone else have any links or samples of how this is
done.
Thanks in advance.
Ashish.