  1. If I want to write C# software to give commands to other people's
    websites, and then process the replies, is HttpWebRequest the class I
    would use for that task? TIA.
    Joe Snodgrass, Nov 29, 2010

  2. Joe Snodgrass

    Ian Collins Guest

    On 11/30/10 10:32 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:

    > If I want to write C# software to give commands to other people's
    > websites, and then process the replies, is HttpWebRequest the class I
    > would use for that task? TIA.

    Why don't you ask on a C# group?

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Nov 29, 2010

  3. Joe Snodgrass

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 29-11-2010 16:32, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
    > If I want to write C# software to give commands to other people's
    > websites, and then process the replies, is HttpWebRequest the class I
    > would use for that task? TIA.

    ..NET (Http)WebRequest is approx. equivalent to Java (Http)URLConnection.

    Which everyone could have told you if you have asked in a .NET group -
    in a Java group it is purely coincidence if someone also knows
    ..NET!

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Nov 29, 2010
  4. "Peter Duniho" <> wrote in message
    > On 11/29/10 1:32 PM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
    >>
    >> If I want to write C# software to give commands to other people's
    >> websites, and then process the replies, is HttpWebRequest the class I
    >> would use for that task? TIA.

    > Yes, that's one good way to do it. But as Ian suggests, you should ask
    > the question in the C# or .NET newsgroup
    > (microsoft.public.languages.csharp

    Is that still around? My Usenet provider doesn’t think so (on the server
    msnews.microsoft.com, anyway).
    Mike Schilling, Nov 30, 2010
  5. On 29-11-2010 17:16, Peter Duniho wrote:
    > On 11/29/10 1:32 PM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
    >>
    >> If I want to write C# software to give commands to other people's
    >> websites, and then process the replies, is HttpWebRequest the class I
    >> would use for that task? TIA.

    > Yes, that's one good way to do it. But as Ian suggests, you should ask
    > the question in the C# or .NET newsgroup
    > (microsoft.public.languages.csharp

    microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp

    > or
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework). Neither the Java nor C++ newsgroup
    > seem like relevant forums for the question.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Nov 30, 2010
  6. On 29-11-2010 22:59, Mike Schilling wrote:
    > "Peter Duniho" <> wrote in message
    >> Yes, that's one good way to do it. But as Ian suggests, you should ask
    >> the question in the C# or .NET newsgroup
    >> (microsoft.public.languages.csharp

    > Is that still around? My Usenet provider doesn’t think so (on the server
    > msnews.microsoft.com, anyway).

    Sure are.

    Just find another NNTP server.

    Arne