HttpWebRequest on GoDaddy Problem

d2005\\

I have a site hosted on GoDaddy's shared platorm.

I am trying to read XML from the yahoo RSS feed using the
HttpWebRequest.GetResponse method and am getting a "401 access denied"
exception.

I have seen posts here before that indicate GoDaddy needs to provide a proxy
to allow this to work properly. They claim this is not the case and want me
to open a trouble ticket with their advanced support (this could cost
money!).

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Derek

Joerg Jooss

d2005\ said:
I have a site hosted on GoDaddy's shared platorm.

I am trying to read XML from the yahoo RSS feed using the
HttpWebRequest.GetResponse method and am getting a "401 access
denied" exception.

I have seen posts here before that indicate GoDaddy needs to provide
a proxy to allow this to work properly.
[...]

You need to provide credentials. A proxy has nothing to do with that.

Cheers,

d2005

I would gladly give credentials if GoDaddy would admit to needing them or a
Proxy for that matter. I have actually gotten this working by using the
proxy server (internal to GoDaddy) someone on this newsgroup (I would give
credit, but now can't find the post.) was using. The credentials were
Default, no mod.

d2005 said:
I would gladly give credentials if GoDaddy would admit to needing
them or a Proxy for that matter.

If have no clue what GoDaddy is, but what is "admit to need
credentials" supposed to mean? If you have to log on to use their site,
they need credentials.
I have actually gotten this working
by using the proxy server (internal to GoDaddy) someone on this
newsgroup (I would give credit, but now can't find the post.) was
using. The credentials were Default, no mod.

Passing your Windows credentials won't really help ;-)

Cheers,