    We are using IIS6 on Windows 2003. Is there a setting to control this
    behaviour?

    Thanks in advance.

    Sojwal Chitnis, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Sojwal Chitnis

    Jinsong Liu Guest

    The GetResponse method and GetRequestStream method makes synchronous
    calls. use BeginGetResponse,EndGetResponse, BeginGetRequestStream and
    EndGetRequestStream methods when need asynchronous calls.

    MSDN Library link:
    ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/cpref/html/frlrfSystemNetHttpWebRequestClassTopic.htm

    Jinsong Liu, Jun 9, 2005