HttpWorkerRequest + Tracing = timeout

Bjorn

I've encoutered problems when using the HttpWorkerRequest to get all data
sent through a file upload in asp.net.
The problem was that you can use the GetPreloadedEntityBody() method to get
the buffered part of the request but you can't read from the request stream
after that. When you try to call ReadEntityBody() it goes into timeout and
returns 0 bytes.

I've found a relation with the tracing tag in the web.config file. When you
enable tracing and set the requestLimit to a high number like 100 requests,
you will encouter the above error. When you disable tracing, the error will
not appear. I've also managed to get it working with a requestLimit of 10.

Has anyone got an idea of what may cause this behaviour?

Bjorn

I resolved the problem by turning off trace logging.
But I would like to know what causes the timeout when I turn on tracing.

Alvin Bruney said:
Your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]