Huge memory footprint using SOAP extensions!

R. Sterrenburg

Hi,

I have a webservice that returns a ADO.NET dataset of 8MB (in UTF-8).

When I include a reference to WSE in my web.config, the ASP.NET worker
process increases with 75 MB at the first request. I understand some
extensions will be applied automatically upon each SOAP request. But why
does this have to take 75 MB?
Similarly when I write a SOAP extension myself and I just copy the streams
and do nothing with the message itself, as in many examples available, the
ASP.NET worker process memory footprint jumps to 200MB!

Does it have anything to do with the serialization/deserialization of
ADO.NET datasets??

Any help woud be much appreciated.

Regards,
René