Huge security hole in .NET: Java creator

Juan T. Llibre

Why do you say this is a .NET problem ?

Gosling is concerned about "unsafe" code, which is
produced by traditional languages like C and C++.

Unsafe code is old code that does not strictly follow
the rules of type safety that .NET defines, and this sort
of code requires additional permissions to execute.

According to Sterling, "you as a developer take it upon
yourself" to utilise unsafe code in your .NET applications.

---000---

Apparently, this might only be a problem *IF* you were to
use non-managed code in your managed-code applications.

i.e., if you use "unsafe code" in your .NET applications,
you shouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be *unsafe*.

Kevin Spencer

Okay, let me see now. What you've posted is the equivalent of a Democrat
making an accusation of (insert any topic here) on the part of a Republican.
The article was about the comments of Microsoft's biggest competitor, who
has a vested interest in saying things detrimental to Microsoft. Am I
supposed to flail my arms and go sell all my Microsoft stock now?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Kevin Spencer

He can make that argument because he works for Sun. Pure politics.