huh can`t pass datatable ????

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by M.Posseth, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. M.Posseth

    M.Posseth Guest

    isn`t it possible to pass a datatable with a webservice to another .net app
    ???

    my webservice raises an exception whenever i declare the datatable type

    this doesn`t work
    <WebMethod(MessageName:="dtModules")> _

    Public Sub CarsHaveModules(ByVal dt As DataTable )

    End Sub

    this works

    <WebMethod(MessageName:="dsModules")> _

    Public Sub CarsHaveModules(ByVal ds As DataSet )

    End Sub

    is this normall behavior ????

    M.Posseth, Feb 24, 2005

  2. M.Posseth

    M. Posseth Guest

    To answer my own question

    just for someone who migh encounter this problem

    No Michel this is not possible even better this behavior is by design

    see this link for more information

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306134

    M. Posseth, Feb 24, 2005