human readable IPTC field names

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jonah Bossewitch, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I am using PIL's IptcImagePlugin to extract the IPTC tags from an image
    file. I was able to successfully retrieve the tags from the image
    (thanks!), but the results are keyed off of cryptic tuples.

    I found the lookup codes here -
    http://demo.imagefolio.com/demo/ImageFolio31_files/skins/cool_blue/images/iptc.html,
    but I was wondering if these existed anywhere in the code. Would it
    make sense to include a label lookup on these keys? Maybe as a
    dictionary or a properties file alongside the IptcImagePlugin?

    I am not sure if these field names are standard, but named lookups off
    of keys would be much more readable

    does such a lookup table exist? Does it make sense to include with the
    IptcImagePlugin? I would be willing to work on this if anyone was
    interested.

    thanks,
    Jonah
    Jonah Bossewitch