    some numbers and asking the user to enter these numbers.

    Are there any Perl scripts and/or tutorials explaining how to do this?

    thanks!
    brendan, Oct 31, 2003

  2. brendan wrote:
    > I want to make sure it's a human posting to my webpage, by doing what
    > PayPal (and lots of other websites) now do: displaying a bitmap of
    > some numbers and asking the user to enter these numbers.
    >
    > Are there any Perl scripts and/or tutorials explaining how to do this?

    What do you mean by "this"?
    - displaying a bitmap? no. Well, I guess you could use Perl-Tk or something
    similar
    - creating a graphic which contains text or digits: Sure, there are several
    modules on CPAN. The first one on my list would be Image::Magick

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Oct 31, 2003

  3. (brendan) wrote in message news:<>...
    > hi all,
    >
    > I want to make sure it's a human posting to my webpage, by doing what
    > PayPal (and lots of other websites) now do: displaying a bitmap of
    > some numbers and asking the user to enter these numbers.
    >
    > Are there any Perl scripts and/or tutorials explaining how to do this?

    Have a look at the GD module. This will help in creating an image.

    HTH

    Jim
    James Willmore, Nov 1, 2003
  4. It was a dark and stormy night, and James Willmore managed to scribble:

    > (brendan) wrote in message
    >> hi all,
    >>
    >> I want to make sure it's a human posting to my webpage, by doing what
    >> PayPal (and lots of other websites) now do: displaying a bitmap of
    >> some numbers and asking the user to enter these numbers.
    >>
    >> Are there any Perl scripts and/or tutorials explaining how to do this?

    > Have a look at the GD module. This will help in creating an image.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Jim

    Itsa simple. You could probably use
    1. Set up a background image eg $im = newFromGif GD::Image()
    (assuming you use a gif)
    2. write your chars eg $im->string()

    gtoomey
    Gregory Toomey, Nov 1, 2003
    Eric J. Roode, Nov 1, 2003
  6. >>>>> "brendan" == brendan <> writes:

    brendan> I want to make sure it's a human posting to my webpage, by doing what
    brendan> PayPal (and lots of other websites) now do: displaying a bitmap of
    brendan> some numbers and asking the user to enter these numbers.

    brendan> Are there any Perl scripts and/or tutorials explaining how to do this?

    Like many hundreds of other topics, "I have a column on this already":

    "Keep Robots From Stuffing Your Forms" -
    <http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col68.html>

    Beware that I got some angry mail from people who said that this
    may not be ADA compliant, and is rude to unsighted people.

    Randal L. Schwartz, Nov 3, 2003