Humble little XSL Firefox extension

Brett

Howdy folks,

I have released an extension for Firefox which performs XSL transforms
for an XML file. While Firefox automatically performs XSL transforms
when an XSL stylesheet is attached via a <?xml-stylesheet?> processing
instruction, when you "view source", you can only see the original XML
file. This extension works somewhat similar to Microsoft's plugin for
Explorer (at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2c-1571-4d61-bda8-adf9f6849df9&displaylang=en
) in allowing you to view the actual output.

My Firefox extension works on a currently loaded XML file, and applies
an XSL stylesheet that the user chooses via a dialog box. It can be
via a URL (http://), through the file protocol (file:///), or a local
file (C:\...). I haven't tested it on Mac or Linux.

Before this extension can be released, it first needs to get some
reviews, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could take a look. If
there are any problems, feel free to post a reply here (so that I can
fix any major bugs and still have a chance of getting the extension
accepted!), and if you like it, just go ahead and add a review here:

Brett

Oh, one caveat... It doesn't work with XSL files that use <xsl:import>
or <xsl:include>...

Brett

Oh, one caveat... It doesn't work with XSL files that use <xsl:import>
or <xsl:include>...

Sorry, one more thing... it does work with <xsl:import> and
<xsl:include> if in a URL, but not when loading with a local file.
And, I tested it on a Mac, and it works fine with a URL, but not with
a local file...

Martin Honnen

Brett said:
I have released an extension for Firefox which performs XSL transforms
for an XML file. While Firefox automatically performs XSL transforms
when an XSL stylesheet is attached via a <?xml-stylesheet?> processing
instruction, when you "view source", you can only see the original XML
file.

If you do "Select all (Ctrl-a)" and then "view selection source" you get
the result source view, without the need for an extension.

Brett

Well, I'll be... :) Thanks for that one... Not too obvious a feature
to find...

Well, it was a learning experience anyways... And I suppose the
extension could still be useful if you visit an XML page without a
stylesheet attached and want to try one out...