hung w3wp under load

Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Have this problem that occurs when IIS is under simulated load.
W3WP hangs and no aspx requests are processed.

Requests for e.g. html file from IIS return pages.

Manual opening of URL is frozen, eventually returns "execution path is invalid" - xxx.aspx does not exist".

Seems to be a load based issue. The memory usage of W3WP climbs to ~300mb then drops rapidly to <200mb and problem occurs.

If I simulate 80 users, problem hits within 30 seconds.
If I simulate 80 users, but start at 10, adding a new user every 5 seconds, it will hang before 80 users is reached.

Have switched off Application pool queue limiter, rapid fail etc. W3WP doesn't seem to auto-recover after some hours of letting environment cool down. Only restart IIS or recycle W3WP process resolves issue.

Not good, as we should get 400-500 concurrent users for the hardware here.

Would be really grateful for some help on this :)

Ray