Hungarian Notation Question

Immortal Nephi

There are some websites which lists Hungarian Notation, but I don't
find goodo prefix name for pointer to member function of the class.
Pointer to member functions array holds 256 member functions.
Sometimes, programmers use post name. Like this -- runPtr. I try to
write. pafRun. The prefix p, a, and f are (p)ointer, (a)rray, and (f)
unction.

Please suggest me which prefix name is appropriate for pointer to
member function array?

Phlip

Immortal said:
Please suggest me which prefix name is appropriate for pointer to
member function array?

HN had its day when MS's editor (Programmer's WorkBench) did not support code
browsing. You could select a "wart", tap <F1>, and get the variable's type.

And that was against the original meaning of HN, which is "make wrong code look
wrong". If px means pixels and lw means lightyears, then pxWidth + lwOffset
looks wrong, and probably isn't what you want. But note that both variables are
an 'int' at heart, so iWidth + iOffset does /not/ look wrong!

Make up a good wart for your situation, such as pfunc, and then A> stick with
it, so all pfunc in your program are pfunc, B> make it pronouncable (unlike
LPWSCSTR), and C> hide it. Your program should call a class method, with a clear
wart-free name, that calls your pfunc!