HV Menu v5.5

Discussion in 'HTML' started by earl, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. earl

    earl Guest

    I've downloaded HV Menu v5.5
    (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm) and implemented
    it onto my webpage.

    Here is a link to my web-page : http://larsandre.mine.nu/2004/template.asp

    The problem, I have made a main table thats centered on the screen with
    width = 640, I have tried to make the menu fit into this main table. This
    almost works but the menu is just a tad more centered to the right than the
    main table. This looks weird and I was wondering if I'm doing anything
    wrong.

    The menu uses 4 menu-items that all are 158pixels wide. (totall should equal
    632 which should be well inside the main table.)

    Not sure what data people need so I included some of the variables :

    var MenuCentered='center';

    var MenuVerticalCentered='top';

    var StartTop=95;

    var StartLeft=0;

    var LeftPaddng=3;

    var TopPaddng=2;

    var FirstLineHorizontal=1;

    var MenuFramesVertical=1;

    If anyone needs more information please let me know.

    Thanks in advanced for any help you guys might be able to lend me.
    earl, Oct 20, 2003

  2. earl

    DU Guest

    earl wrote:
    > I've downloaded HV Menu v5.5
    > (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm) and implemented
    > it onto my webpage.

    IMO, this is another copy-N-paste DHTML menu which is not recommendable
    for *_many_* reasons that I won't explicit here.

    > Here is a link to my web-page : http://larsandre.mine.nu/2004/template.asp
    >
    > The problem, I have made a main table thats centered on the screen with
    > width = 640, I have tried to make the menu fit into this main table. This
    > almost works but the menu is just a tad more centered to the right than the
    > main table. This looks weird and I was wondering if I'm doing anything
    > wrong.

    Remove the blank spaces in the td where you include the <script>, like
    this (not tested but am pretty sure this is what makes your table offset
    a bit; also it seems to me that you unneedlessly over-constraint your
    table):

    src="menu_var.js"></script><script type="text/javascript"
    src="menu_com.js"></script></td>

    You may also want to include these lines to make your document use a
    strict DTD and add language-based declarations:

    <head>

    > The menu uses 4 menu-items that all are 158pixels wide. (totall should equal
    > 632 which should be well inside the main table.)

    Finally, don't forget to validate your document:

    http://validator.w3.org/

    DU
    --
    Javascript and Browser bugs: