    enctype="multipart/form-data" aspect and what I'll need to be wary of when
    merging these two forms.

    Thanks
    James, Jun 17, 2005

  2. James

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "James" <> wrote:

    >I have a form with a bunch of data that's input (dropdowns, textboxes, etc.)
    >and I have a link to a popup window which uses the persits control to upload
    >a file. They work well independently. The problem is, I now need to
    >combine them into one page. Essentially, at the very bottom of the page I
    >need to include a file browse control, then on the page that it posts to, I
    >need to be able to insert the relevant data into a database, as well as save
    >the file.
    >
    >There has to be a way to do this easily, but I'm just confused about the
    >enctype="multipart/form-data" aspect and what I'll need to be wary of when
    >merging these two forms.

    It works fine. You receive a MIME-forrmatted blob that can be parsed
    to yield the name and value of every form element, including the name
    and contents of the uploaded file. There can even be several files.

    You'll probably need a component to parse this out and return items
    that your ASP code can use. Such things are available, do a Google
    search.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)
    Tim Slattery, Jun 17, 2005

  3. "James" <> wrote in message
    >I have a form with a bunch of data that's input (dropdowns, textboxes,
    >etc.)
    > and I have a link to a popup window which uses the persits control to
    > upload
    > a file. They work well independently. The problem is, I now need to
    > combine them into one page. Essentially, at the very bottom of the page I
    > need to include a file browse control, then on the page that it posts to,
    > need to be able to insert the relevant data into a database, as well as
    > save
    > the file.
    >
    > There has to be a way to do this easily, but I'm just confused about the
    > enctype="multipart/form-data" aspect and what I'll need to be wary of when
    > merging these two forms.

    Read the persists documentation - it should provide a detailed explanation
    on how to handle this.

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/