    Can I have both C# and VB.NET pages/modules in a visual studio.net project?

    Thanks,
    Ali
    A.M, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Currently you can use multiple languages within a solution, but only one
    language per project.
    Things should get even more flexible in .NET 2.0.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jan 25, 2004

  3. A.M

    George Durzi Guest

    I did this once when I was playing with the Beta version of VS.NET. If I
    recall correctly, I had a C# web project, and a VB.NET one. I copied a
    vb.net webform, along with its codebehind into the C# project, and added it
    to the project. Everything seemed to work well

    George Durzi, Jan 25, 2004
  4. "A.M" <> wrote in news:#FybERv4DHA.2624
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
    > Can I have both C# and VB.NET pages/modules in a visual studio.net project?

    AFAIK yes. You might have to load two projects into one solution.

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Hi Ali,

    Thanks for posting in the community! My name is Steven, and I'll be
    assisting you on this issue.
    From your description, you'd like to know whether it's possible to have
    both C# and VB.NET pages/modules in a visual studio.net project? Or in
    other words whether it possible to use multi language to develop in the
    same project?

    As for this problem, here is my suggestions:
    Generally, the dotnet support multi-languages, that "Multi-language" is
    based on component level(assembly level) colaboration. For example, we use
    C# to build a .net component and then use it in a VB.NET project and also
    the contrary. And normally as others' suggestion, we can build a solution
    and create multi projects developed under different lanugage such as C# ,
    VB.NET or c++ ... to generate the different parts of components of a whole
    big solution. But as for the "VB.NET pages/modules in a visual studio.net
    project", I think it is something like use multi language to develop a
    single .net project. This is not recommended or supported by the dotnet
    development documenation. Also, I think there'll occur some unexcepted
    errors if you do such operations in a certain .net project within VS.NET.
    So I recommend that you consider the assembly level component
    colaboration(using multi-languages to develop components in separate
    projects) in a certain solution. How do you think of it?

    In addtion, here is tech articles on using multi-language and component
    developing in dotnet development:

    #HOW TO: Manage Multi-Project Solutions in Visual Studio .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317786

    #HOW TO: Manage Multilanguage Web Forms Solutions in Visual Studio .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315903

    #Design Guidelines for Class Library Developers
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconNETFrameworkDesig
    nGuidelines.asp?frame=true

    Hope they are helpful to you.
    Please check out my suggestion. If you have any questions, please feel free
    to post here.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 26, 2004
  6. A.M

    A.M Guest

    Thanks Steven for reply.

    It seems multiple language involves some hassles, so i am going to invest
    some time and translate the project to C#.

    Ali

    A.M, Jan 26, 2004