hyperlink click event?

Guest

Does anyone know how to trigger the click event of a
hyperlink control programmatically?

Thanks for helping.

Chris Jackson

A hyperlink doesn't generate a server-side click event - a hyperlink is a
client-side event. What you would need to do is create a JavaScript that
navigates to the page that you want - and you can use the DOM to navigate to
the <a> element and grab the href that you want for a window.navigate or
window.open.

Guest

can I use VB.Net instead.

--
Chris Jackson
Software Engineer

.

Anthony Williams

If you want to do that, you'll be wanting to use a LinkButton control, not a
Hyperlink control.

Regards,
Anthony

Chris Jackson

You can use VBScript, if all of your clients will be using Internet
Explorer.