Hyperlink times out (???) on laptop, but works otherwise....

Radu

Hi. I have a page which contains this hyperlink:
where the file "Structure Summary.xls" has a size of about 1.5MB.

The link works great from all the desktops in our company, but on
some
laptops it fails with "The page cannot be displayed" page. It does
NOT
fail 100% of the time, only most of the time... say 95%.

I click on the link, I can hear the disk spinning for about 3
seconds,
maybe a bit less, and then boom.... "The page cannot be displayed"...

I guess it must be a timeout problem - I have NO other idea. As I
have
said, sometimes it works. On the desktops it works without fail. What
can it be other than timeout ? (the laptop is probably 1 year old..)

If so, what can I do ? I know that I could add a "ReceiveTimeout" in
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings"
(value in milliseconds) but I can't have access to the registry on
all target machines.

What can I do ? Is the timeout the culprit ? If so, is there any way
to increase it by code ?

Thanks a lot.
Alex