Hyperlink + XML

Discussion in 'XML' started by Newbie@news, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. Newbie@news

    Newbie@news Guest

    Hello
    I need some help to make a hyperlink in a XML file.
    My XML file:

    <TERAPEUTLISTE>
    <TERAPEUT>
    <NAVN>Et navn</NAVN>
    <ADRESSEN>En adresse</ADRESSEN>
    <POST_BY>Postnummer og Bynavn</POST_BY>
    <EMAIL>En email</EMAIL>
    <WEBSITE>http://www.dom├Žne.dk</WEBSITE>
    <TLFNR>Et telefonnummer</TLFNR>
    </TERAPEUT>
    </TERAPEUTLISTE>

    and in my HTML file I call the XML-file like this:

    <xml id="terapeutliste" src="data.xml"></xml>
    ..
    ..
    datafld="WEBSITE"></span></td>
    What I need to know is how I can make it clickable?
    I have found a lot of sites with explanations about xml, but i still do not
    understand how to make the hyperlink clickable

    So please help me.
    Best Regards
    Nybien

    Newbie@news, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Newbie@news

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:06:45 +0100, "Newbie@news" <mainemarks at
    varmmail.com> wrote:

    >and in my HTML file I call the XML-file like this:
    >
    ><xml id="terapeutliste" src="data.xml"></xml>

    Don't use DSO (the datasrc / datafld stuff) It doesn't work.

    Instead, use XSLT. You can use this client-side (on the browser)
    although this is likely to be dependent on IE. Use it on the server if
    you want better cross-browser support.

    Any XSLT tutorial will tell you how to generate a hyperlink in HTML. Or
    you can search this newsgroup through groups.google.com

    Andy Dingley, Dec 19, 2005