Hyperterminal and java communication to Serial port COM1

Discussion in 'Java' started by lrantisi, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. lrantisi

    lrantisi Guest

    I use the hyperterminal to communicate and send commands to serial
    port COM1.
    On the hyperterminal window, I used to type such a command:

    AT+ZV SPPCONNECT.......

    This command is sent to the device connected to the COM1 port.

    Now I want to cancel the hyperterminal, and sue a Java program.
    I used the javax.comm library to build a java application that
    communicates with the COM1 port.

    Inside that program, I connected to the COM1 port. How do I send that
    text command from inside the java program to the COM1 port. There is a
    method called (send) inside the (serialport) class, do I just say:

    serialport.send "AT+ZV SPPCONNECT.......".

    I mean, is sending text commands through the hyperterminal simply
    equivalent to sending those text commands to the COM1 port using the
    java application described above.

    Now: Is sending the text command to the COM1

    lrantisi, Feb 15, 2007

  2. lrantisi wrote:
    > I use the hyperterminal to communicate and send commands to serial
    > port COM1.
    > On the hyperterminal window, I used to type such a command:
    >
    > AT+ZV SPPCONNECT.......
    >
    > This command is sent to the device connected to the COM1 port.

    It seems you are referring to the examples given at
    <http://java.sun.com/products/javacomm/reference/docs/API_users_guide_3.html>,
    don't you?

    > Now I want to cancel the hyperterminal, and sue a Java program.
    > I used the javax.comm library to build a java application that
    > communicates with the COM1 port.
    >
    > Inside that program, I connected to the COM1 port. How do I send that
    > text command from inside the java program to the COM1 port. There is a
    > method called (send) inside the (serialport) class, do I just say:
    >
    > serialport.send "AT+ZV SPPCONNECT.......".

    This is not even syntactically correct (hence I assume you are still a
    very beginner in Java). It will be probably more like
    OutputStream outputStream = serialPort.getOutputStream();
    outputStream.write("AT+ZV SPPCONNECT.......".getBytes());
    outputStream.flush();

    > I mean, is sending text commands through the hyperterminal simply
    > equivalent to sending those text commands to the COM1 port using the
    > java application described above.

    I suppose so (although I have no practical experience with javax.comm).
    But using javax.comm is not only about sending bytes. It is also about
    waiting for responses (and that is probably the more difficult part).

    > Now: Is sending the text command to the COM1

    Be warned: Before you will have any chance for mastering the javax.comm
    package, there is much work for you to prepare the basics:
    (1) Learn the Java language (the syntax and concepts)
    (2) Learn the basic Java classes (like OutputStream)
    (3) Read the API docs at
    http://java.sun.com/products/javacomm/reference/api/index.html

    --
    Thomas

    Thomas Fritsch, Feb 15, 2007

  3. lrantisi

    ashishkhadpe

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    How i can transfer voice during call from phone to PC?

    I am doin 1 project on "langauge translation on mobile phones". i want to transfer the conversation goin on btwn 2 people to PC either using GSM(i.e. COM port) or using Bluetooth how i can do ths??

    ashishkhadpe, Apr 15, 2011