    if you have any thoughts.

    Thanks,
    Firdousi Farozan

    Firdousi Farozan Z, Oct 6, 2005

  2. follow-up's to [comp.lang.java.machine

    * Firdousi Farozan Z:

    > I have a Java multithreaded application

    <url:
    http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/search.do?process=1&category=&bugStatus=&subcategory=&type=&keyword=hyperthreading>

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

    Alf P. Steinbach, Oct 6, 2005

  3. Try running your application on a two processor machine with
    hyperthreading disabled.

    If you still see the problem, the issue migth be with the concurrency
    handling in the application itself.

    --
    EventStudio System Designer 2.5 - http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
    Sequence Diagram Based System Design and Object Modeling Tool

    EventHelix.com, Oct 6, 2005
  4. Firdousi Farozan Z

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    EventHelix.com wrote:

    >> Since the application is already multithreaded and works fine in a
    >> multiprocessor environment, why should it give issues only when
    >> hyperthreading is enabled?

    > Try running your application on a two processor machine with
    > hyperthreading disabled.

    Good idea :)

    Rolf Magnus, Oct 6, 2005
  5. EventHelix.com wrote:

    > Try running your application on a two processor machine with
    > hyperthreading disabled.
    >
    > If you still see the problem, the issue migth be with the concurrency
    > handling in the application itself.

    Thanks for getting back !! I have tried my application in a dual CPU
    machine and it runs for days without any issues (I use automation). When
    hyperthreading is enabled, the same automation scripts reproduces the
    issue in 3-4 hours of usage.

    Firdousi Farozan Z, Oct 6, 2005