    <%=hyphen(stripit(rsTemp.fields("e_lname")))%>

    Do you know what it's doing?

    Thanks

    CDZ, Dec 26, 2006

  2. CDZ

    Evertjan. Guest

    CDZ wrote on 26 dec 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I don't know a ton about ASP but I do know a little and I can't seem to
    > find any information about 'hyphen' and 'stripit'.
    >
    > It's used to return a last name like this:
    > <%=hyphen(stripit(rsTemp.fields("e_lname")))%>

    Those functions are not part of
    ASP-vbs or ASP-Jscript.

    You will gave to program them yourself.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Dec 26, 2006

  3. CDZ

    CDZ Guest

    Re: <%=hyphen(stripit... help please!

    It's an old program I'm trying to go back in to adjust... good times.

    Thank you for your help

    CDZ, Dec 26, 2006
  4. CDZ

    Evertjan. Guest

    Re: <%=hyphen(stripit... help please!

    CDZ wrote on 26 dec 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > It's an old program I'm trying to go back in to adjust... good times.

    [please always quote on usenet, this is not email]

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Dec 26, 2006
  5. Re: <%=hyphen(stripit... help please!

    CDZ wrote:
    > It's an old program I'm trying to go back in to adjust... good times.
    >
    > Thank you for your help

    If you want help, show us what the program does: what do the inputs and
    outputs look like?

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 26, 2006