  1. Guest

    I am a java programmer and I want to learn Python Please help me.
    , Jul 1, 2005

  2. George Sakkis, Jul 1, 2005

  3. On 30 Jun 2005 23:22:43 -0700, declaimed the
    following in comp.lang.python:

    > I am a java programmer and I want to learn Python Please help me.

    Python may be all powerful, but it doesn't lend itself to
    reading minds... "Please help me" is indefinite -- help you do what?
    Write a program to compute the question whose answer is 42?

    Download Python, install, read the supplied documentation. Then
    ask a question concerning a specific problem.

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Jul 1, 2005
  4. <> wrote in message
    > I am a java programmer and I want to learn Python Please help me.

    Well! Your condition is certainly tragic!

    But what can anyone do?
    Thomas Bartkus
    Thomas Bartkus, Jul 1, 2005
  5. Irmen de Jong, Jul 2, 2005
  6. wrote:
    > I am a java programmer

    Too bad :(

    > and I want to learn Python

    So there's still hope !-)

    > Please help me.

    1/ download and install Python
    2/ go thru the 'dive into Python' and 'Thinking in Python' free books
    3/ post here when you're in doubt or in trouble...

    And don't forget: Python is *not* Java !-)

    --
    bruno desthuilliers
    p in ''.split('@')])"
    bruno modulix, Jul 4, 2005
  7. I'm sorry for you, nobody deserves to program in Java ...
    I'm glad you decided to stand up for your human rights. Go learn
    python!
    Luis M. Gonzalez, Jul 6, 2005
  8. I see you got many good/funny answers already.

    Test Python for two WE and you'll be able to help yourself very well ...
    I've been through an equivalent process.

    Regards,

    Philippe

    Philippe C. Martin, Jul 7, 2005
  9. godwin Guest

    Buy the book "Practical Python" by Magnus Lie Hetland. It contains 10
    practical projects to let u get started on you own "Pythoneering"( as
    Magnus calls it). Move on buddy.
    godwin, Jul 7, 2005