i am developing a banking application in J2SE with MySQL Server as back end

sundar.b.mani

the application has a JFrame menu bar with menu items as login,
customer, and transaction.

customer has three pop-up menu items namely government, corporate &
individual.

transaction has two pop-up menu items namely deposit check, withdraw
cash.

when i click on login a dialog box should pop-up within the JFrame
asking for user's id and password, the user can be either a teller,
manager, sys admin.

once the authentication ( by validating the user credentials with MySQL
server bank staff database) is done, a MDI type window pops-up with
text box for entering the type of customer, text box for organization/
individual's name, address etc. or enter a new customer info. and store
it in MySQL database.

then clcik on transaction and proceed with a similar GUI and conduct
the transaction and update the database.

i don't know if JFrame is the way to go or ?

would help if someone provides some source code.

regards, Ben

Rhino

[...]

It sounds to me as if you are using a JFrame exactly as they were intended
to be used. I've done similar things myself. I can't give you that source
code but JFrames are not very hard to use. See the Java Tutorial article on
JFrames for some examples:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/frame.html.

IchBin

Thomas said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote: [snip]
would help if someone provides some source code.

[snip]

The Java Developers Almanac 1.4
http://javaalmanac.com

Java Examples Organized by Topic into Categories
http://www.java2s.com/ExampleCode/CatalogExampleCode.htm

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)