i am developing a banking application in J2SE with MySQL Server as back end

Discussion in 'Java' started by sundar.b.mani@gmail.com, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. Guest

    the application has a JFrame menu bar with menu items as login,
    customer, and transaction.

    customer has three pop-up menu items namely government, corporate &
    individual.

    transaction has two pop-up menu items namely deposit check, withdraw
    cash.

    when i click on login a dialog box should pop-up within the JFrame
    asking for user's id and password, the user can be either a teller,
    manager, sys admin.

    once the authentication ( by validating the user credentials with MySQL
    server bank staff database) is done, a MDI type window pops-up with
    text box for entering the type of customer, text box for organization/
    individual's name, address etc. or enter a new customer info. and store
    it in MySQL database.

    then clcik on transaction and proceed with a similar GUI and conduct
    the transaction and update the database.

    i don't know if JFrame is the way to go or ?

    would help if someone provides some source code.

    regards, Ben

    , Mar 9, 2006

  2. Rhino Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > the application has a JFrame menu bar with menu items as login,
    > customer, and transaction.
    >
    > customer has three pop-up menu items namely government, corporate &
    > individual.
    >
    > transaction has two pop-up menu items namely deposit check, withdraw
    > cash.
    >
    > when i click on login a dialog box should pop-up within the JFrame
    > asking for user's id and password, the user can be either a teller,
    > manager, sys admin.
    >
    > once the authentication ( by validating the user credentials with MySQL
    > server bank staff database) is done, a MDI type window pops-up with
    > text box for entering the type of customer, text box for organization/
    > individual's name, address etc. or enter a new customer info. and store
    > it in MySQL database.
    >
    > then clcik on transaction and proceed with a similar GUI and conduct
    > the transaction and update the database.
    >
    > i don't know if JFrame is the way to go or ?
    >
    > would help if someone provides some source code.
    >
    > regards, Ben

    It sounds to me as if you are using a JFrame exactly as they were intended
    to be used. I've done similar things myself. I can't give you that source
    code but JFrames are not very hard to use. See the Java Tutorial article on
    JFrames for some examples:
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/frame.html.

    --
    Rhino

    Rhino, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Re: i am developing a banking application in J2SE with MySQL Serveras back end

    wrote:
    > i don't know if JFrame is the way to go or ?

    Sounds good to me. For more information on when to use what GUI
    component see:

    http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/ed2/book/index.html

    > would help if someone provides some source code.

    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/

    /Thomas
    --
    The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Mar 10, 2006
  4. IchBin Guest

    Thomas Weidenfeller wrote:
    > wrote:

    [snip]

    >> would help if someone provides some source code.

    [snip]

    The Java Developers Almanac 1.4
    http://javaalmanac.com

    Java Examples Organized by Topic into Categories
    http://www.java2s.com/ExampleCode/CatalogExampleCode.htm

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)