I am just trying to find out if there is any relevant/currentresearch in the production of a generic

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Darryl Owens, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Darryl Owens

Darryl Owens Guest

Hi everyone,

I am currently starting my PhD in software quality assurance and have been doing a lot of reading round this subject. I am just trying to find out if there is any relevant/current research in the production of a generic quality assurance tool i.e. a tool/methodology that can accept many languages for the following areas:
    • Problems in code/coding errors
    • Compiler bugs
    • Language bugs
    • Users mathematical model
    I would greatly appreciate any input and advice in this area, feel free to repost on this topic and/or contact me at:

Thank you in advance

Darryl Owens
    Darryl Owens, Oct 6, 2012
    1. Advertising

2. Darryl Owens

Robert Miles Guest

On 10/6/2012 1:43 PM, Darryl Owens wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I am currently starting my PhD in software quality assurance and have been doing a lot of reading round this subject. I am just trying to find out if there is any relevant/current research in the production of a generic quality assurance tool i.e. a tool/methodology that can accept many languages for the following areas:
    > • Problems in code/coding errors
    > • Compiler bugs
    > • Language bugs
    > • Users mathematical model
    > I would greatly appreciate any input and advice in this area, feel free to repost on this topic and/or contact me at:
    >
    > Thank you in advance
    >
    > Darryl Owens

I've seen a few that are specific to certain computer languages,
    such as:

lint for C
    valgrind for C++
    WATFOR for FORTRAN (decades ago)
    WATFIV for FORTRAN (decades ago)

I haven't seen any that are independent of what computer language
    they are used with.