  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    As the title, Thank you.
    Jay, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Hi Jay,

    Jay wrote:
    > As the title, Thank you.

    I dunno, but Eclipse is very nice (and free), IMHO.

    Ciao,
    Ingo
    Ingo R. Homann, Jul 10, 2006

  3. Jay wrote:
    > As the title, Thank you.

    Hello,
    SUN Studio creator, Sun enterprise Creator, eclipse, netbeans ...
    I think you should look at the integration with the server. If you would
    like to progam swing components, you should use netbeans. For J2EE
    enterprise components, I use eclipse. For JSF components , I m trying
    Sun studio creator, it s great!

    Alexandre
    Alexandre Touret, Jul 10, 2006
  4. Jay

    Guest

    I like Eclipse. I think I have use it since 4-5 years or so. It is free
    and well supported. There is a lot of pluggins that will give you a lot
    of extra feature. The JBossIDE pluggin is a nice one. Many will tell
    you that Netbeans or IntelliJ are better etc, etc. There are probably
    right, theses are good IDE too. But I still prefer Eclipse. The
    commercial version of Eclipse is IBM WSAD. But it will cost you an
    extra 5000$US

    www.eclipse.org

    Etienne

    > As the title, Thank you.
    , Jul 10, 2006
  5. Jay

    Lord0 Guest

    I like Eclipse

    Lord0
    Lord0, Jul 10, 2006
  6. Jay

    Guest

    , Jul 11, 2006
  7. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Thanks a lot.

    I am starting to use Eclipse.
    what is the meaning of package in JAVA?
    Jay, Jul 11, 2006
  8. Jay

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Re: I am (...) in java, which IDE is better or market leader?

    "Jay" <> writes:
    >what is the meaning of package in J(...)?

    A package is a named entity whose name may appear in an
    expression as part of a qualified name for a class or
    interface type and is being declared in a package declaration.
    Stefan Ram, Jul 11, 2006
  9. Re: I am (...) in java, which IDE is better or market leader?

    Hi,

    Stefan Ram wrote:
    > "Jay" <> writes:
    >
    >>what is the meaning of package in J(...)?

    > A package is a named entity whose name may appear in an
    > expression as part of a qualified name for a class or
    > interface type and is being declared in a package declaration.

    Although I believe Stefan, that this is 100% correct, I think it does
    not help very much ;-)

    I would say, a package is some kind of namespace which groups classes
    that belong together. Package-names can be used to create a hierchical
    structure of namespaces (*):

    java.awt.Button
    java.awt.Frame
    java.awt.event.ActionEvent

    Ciao,
    Ingo

    (*) Note that Java does not know (or you could say "does not use") the
    hierarchical information. But that would lead too far away from the
    simple question...
    Ingo R. Homann, Jul 11, 2006
  10. Jay

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Ingo R. Homann" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Stefan Ram wrote:
    >> "Jay" <> writes:
    >>
    >>>what is the meaning of package in J(...)?

    >> A package is a named entity whose name may appear in an
    >> expression as part of a qualified name for a class or
    >> interface type and is being declared in a package declaration.

    > Although I believe Stefan, that this is 100% correct, I think it does not
    > help very much ;-)
    >
    > I would say, a package is some kind of namespace which groups classes that
    > belong together. Package-names can be used to create a hierchical
    > structure of namespaces (*):
    >
    > java.awt.Button
    > java.awt.Frame
    > java.awt.event.ActionEvent

    For yet more clarification, "java.awt" is a package which contains the
    classes "Button" and "Frame" in the above example.

    If you create your own custom packages, you have to make sure your
    directory structure matches your package structure.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Jul 11, 2006