I am new to this group

Rasikow Gnaniyar

hi friends

happy to join with this group. i am Rasikwo Gnaniyar , working in
Bangalore as Software Developer..

Hereafter can i send my doubts in java?

- Rasikow

Rasikow Gnaniyar

can anyone tell me? i have one xml file..i want to display that file
in tree view using Jtree or any other method....?

- Rasikow

Andrew Thompson

can anyone tell me? i have one xml file..i want to display that file
in tree view using Jtree or any other method....?

It is not necessary to tell us you are new
to the group.

A better subject for your actual question might
be along the lines of.. "Display XML in JTree"
A good subject line helps get the attention of
the people who are experts on the problem.

Note that you will also get more time and respect
if you take effort to make messages and questions
easy to read. To that end, I strongly recommend
using correct capitalisation.

For example, JTree has two upper case letters,
while XML is all upper case - also, the word
'I' should always be upper case, as well as
the first letter of each sentence.

RedGrittyBrick

Rasikow said:
can anyone tell me? i have one xml file..i want to display that file
in tree view using Jtree or any other method....?

I'd do the following

* Read about JTree and appropriate models.
* Read about DOM vs SAX parsers and choose one approach.
* Read about various available parsers of the chosen type.
* Write a short test program that reads XML and displays a JTree
* Post my program here when I have problems I can't solve.

Googling for "java xml jtree" might lead you to example 19.5 in
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/jenut2/chapter/ch19.html

- Rasikow

If you separate your signature with the traditional separator (newline
hyphen hyphen space newline) newsreaders will apply special handling
(e.g. omitting it from quoted sections in replies)

Rasikow Gnaniyar

It is not necessary to tell us you are new
to the group.

A better subject for your actual question might
be along the lines of.. "Display XML in JTree"
A good subject line helps get the attention of
the people who are experts on the problem.

Note that you will also get more time and respect
if you take effort to make messages and questions
easy to read. To that end, I strongly recommend
using correct capitalisation.

For example, JTree has two upper case letters,
while XML is all upper case - also, the word
'I' should always be upper case, as well as
the first letter of each sentence.

thanks fo ryour spontaneous reply..i vl try as u said.

Rasikow Gnaniyar

I'd do the following

* Read about JTree and appropriate models.
* Read about DOM vs SAX parsers and choose one approach.
* Read about various available parsers of the chosen type.
* Write a short test program that reads XML and displays a JTree
* Post my program here when I have problems I can't solve.

Googling for "java xml jtree" might lead you to example 19.5 inhttp://www.oreilly.com/catalog/jenut2/chapter/ch19.html

If you separate your signature with the traditional separator (newline
hyphen hyphen space newline) newsreaders will apply special handling
(e.g. omitting it from quoted sections in replies)

thanks RedGrittyBrick ..i vl go through ur link....

Rasikow Gnaniyar

my xml file is like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mp_tree>
<mp_node_0 catId="2" category="automobiles" tree="1" inActive="1"
dateAdded="2008-03-11 19:56:21.0" />

<mp_node_0 catId="3" category="States" tree="1" inActive="0"
dateAdded="2008-03-11 19:57:55.0" />

</mp_tree>

i want output in tree view like this: ( using JTree or any other
method)

AutoMobile
- Cars
- Truck
States
- Tamilnadu
- Kerela

RedGrittyBrick

Rasikow said:
my xml file is like this :

Note - the OP has reposted this under a new subject.

The new subject is better, but fragmenting and duplicating the
discussion is a bad thing.

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 12, 9:06 pm, RedGrittyBrick <[email protected]>
wrote:
If you separate your signature with the traditional separator (newline
hyphen hyphen space newline) newsreaders will apply special handling
(e.g. omitting it from quoted sections in replies)

BTW - I am usually careful to add the delimiter
before my sig. but am not confident that GG is
handling that correctly. Could you confirm that
your (checks) Thunderbird news client suppresses
my signature?

Andreas Leitgeb

Andrew Thompson said:
Could you confirm that your (checks) Thunderbird
news client suppresses my signature?

Sorry, seems like google screws the final blank.

Andrew Thompson

Sorry, seems like google screws the final blank.

Thanks for confirming. :-(

(I will probably continue to add it in the
vain hope that Google can get their excrement
together - and out of long habit..)

Lew

RedGrittyBrick said:
Note - the OP has reposted this under a new subject.

The new subject is better, but fragmenting and duplicating the
discussion is a bad thing.

So is his refusal to accept coaching with respect to spelling and the sig line.

Lew

Andrew said:
Thanks for confirming. :-(

(I will probably continue to add it in the
vain hope that Google can get their excrement
together - and out of long habit..)

Google Groups sucks like a vacuum cleaner.