    Bangalore as Software Developer..

    Hereafter can i send my doubts in java?

    - Rasikow
    Rasikow Gnaniyar, Mar 12, 2008

  2. can anyone tell me? i have one xml file..i want to display that file
    in tree view using Jtree or any other method....?

    - Rasikow
    Rasikow Gnaniyar, Mar 12, 2008

  3. On Mar 12, 8:40 pm, Rasikow Gnaniyar <> wrote:
    > can anyone tell me? i have one xml file..i want to display that file
    > in tree view using Jtree or any other method....?

    It is not necessary to tell us you are new
    to the group.

    A better subject for your actual question might
    be along the lines of.. "Display XML in JTree"
    A good subject line helps get the attention of
    the people who are experts on the problem.

    Note that you will also get more time and respect
    if you take effort to make messages and questions
    easy to read. To that end, I strongly recommend
    using correct capitalisation.

    For example, JTree has two upper case letters,
    while XML is all upper case - also, the word
    'I' should always be upper case, as well as
    the first letter of each sentence.

    --
    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 12, 2008
  4. Rasikow Gnaniyar wrote:
    > can anyone tell me? i have one xml file..i want to display that file
    > in tree view using Jtree or any other method....?

    I'd do the following

    * Read about JTree and appropriate models.
    * Read about DOM vs SAX parsers and choose one approach.
    * Read about various available parsers of the chosen type.
    * Write a short test program that reads XML and displays a JTree
    * Post my program here when I have problems I can't solve.

    Googling for "java xml jtree" might lead you to example 19.5 in
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/jenut2/chapter/ch19.html

    > - Rasikow

    If you separate your signature with the traditional separator (newline
    hyphen hyphen space newline) newsreaders will apply special handling
    (e.g. omitting it from quoted sections in replies)

    --
    RGB
    RedGrittyBrick, Mar 12, 2008
  5. On Mar 12, 3:05 pm, Andrew Thompson <> wrote:
    > On Mar 12, 8:40 pm, Rasikow Gnaniyar <> wrote:
    >
    > > can anyone tell me? i have one xml file..i want to display that file
    > > in tree view using Jtree or any other method....?

    > It is not necessary to tell us you are new
    > to the group.
    >
    > A better subject for your actual question might
    > be along the lines of.. "Display XML in JTree"
    > A good subject line helps get the attention of
    > the people who are experts on the problem.
    >
    > Note that you will also get more time and respect
    > if you take effort to make messages and questions
    > easy to read. To that end, I strongly recommend
    > using correct capitalisation.
    >
    > For example, JTree has two upper case letters,
    > while XML is all upper case - also, the word
    > 'I' should always be upper case, as well as
    > the first letter of each sentence.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew T.

    thanks fo ryour spontaneous reply..i vl try as u said.
    Rasikow Gnaniyar, Mar 12, 2008
  6. On Mar 12, 3:06 pm, RedGrittyBrick <>
    wrote:
    > Rasikow Gnaniyar wrote:
    > > can anyone tell me? i have one xml file..i want to display that file
    > > in tree view using Jtree or any other method....?

    > I'd do the following
    >
    > * Read about JTree and appropriate models.
    > * Read about DOM vs SAX parsers and choose one approach.
    > * Read about various available parsers of the chosen type.
    > * Write a short test program that reads XML and displays a JTree
    > * Post my program here when I have problems I can't solve.
    >
    > Googling for "java xml jtree" might lead you to example 19.5 inhttp://www.oreilly.com/catalog/jenut2/chapter/ch19.html
    >
    > > - Rasikow

    > If you separate your signature with the traditional separator (newline
    > hyphen hyphen space newline) newsreaders will apply special handling
    > (e.g. omitting it from quoted sections in replies)
    >
    > --
    > RGB

    thanks RedGrittyBrick ..i vl go through ur link....
    Rasikow Gnaniyar, Mar 12, 2008
  7. my xml file is like this :

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <mp_tree>
    <mp_node_0 catId="2" category="automobiles" tree="1" inActive="1"
    dateAdded="2008-03-11 19:56:21.0" />

    <mp_node_0 catId="3" category="States" tree="1" inActive="0"
    dateAdded="2008-03-11 19:57:55.0" />

    </mp_tree>

    i want output in tree view like this: ( using JTree or any other
    method)

    AutoMobile
    - Cars
    - Truck
    States
    - Tamilnadu
    - Kerela
    Rasikow Gnaniyar, Mar 12, 2008
  8. Rasikow Gnaniyar wrote:
    > my xml file is like this :

    Note - the OP has reposted this under a new subject.

    The new subject is better, but fragmenting and duplicating the
    discussion is a bad thing.

    --
    RGB
    RedGrittyBrick, Mar 12, 2008
  9. O/T sig. delimiters - was "I am new to this group"

    On Mar 12, 9:06 pm, RedGrittyBrick <>
    wrote:
    > If you separate your signature with the traditional separator (newline
    > hyphen hyphen space newline) newsreaders will apply special handling
    > (e.g. omitting it from quoted sections in replies)

    BTW - I am usually careful to add the delimiter
    before my sig. but am not confident that GG is
    handling that correctly. Could you confirm that
    your (checks) Thunderbird news client suppresses
    my signature?

    --
    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 12, 2008
  10. Re: O/T sig. delimiters - was "I am new to this group"

    Andrew Thompson <> wrote:
    > Could you confirm that your (checks) Thunderbird
    > news client suppresses my signature?
    > --
    > Andrew T.

    Sorry, seems like google screws the final blank.
    Andreas Leitgeb, Mar 12, 2008
  11. Re: O/T sig. delimiters - was "I am new to this group"

    On Mar 13, 12:20 am, Andreas Leitgeb <>
    wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson <> wrote:
    > > Could you confirm that your (checks) Thunderbird
    > > news client suppresses my signature?
    > > --
    > > Andrew T.

    > Sorry, seems like google screws the final blank.

    Thanks for confirming. :-(

    (I will probably continue to add it in the
    vain hope that Google can get their excrement
    together - and out of long habit..)

    --
    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 12, 2008
  12. Rasikow Gnaniyar

    Lew Guest

    Rasikow Gnaniyar wrote:
    > thanks fo ryour spontaneous reply..i vl try as u said.

    Are you being sarcastic, Rasikow?

    If so, you'll fit right in around here. :)

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Mar 13, 2008
  13. Rasikow Gnaniyar

    Lew Guest

    Rasikow Gnaniyar wrote:
    > thanks RedGrittyBrick ..i vl go through ur link....

    What is "vl"? What is "ur"?

    The only "Ur" I know, and it's supposed to be capitalized, just like the word
    "I", is
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur>

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Mar 13, 2008
  14. Rasikow Gnaniyar

    Lew Guest

    RedGrittyBrick wrote:
    > Rasikow Gnaniyar wrote:
    >> my xml file is like this :

    > Note - the OP has reposted this under a new subject.
    >
    > The new subject is better, but fragmenting and duplicating the
    > discussion is a bad thing.

    So is his refusal to accept coaching with respect to spelling and the sig line.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Mar 13, 2008
  15. Rasikow Gnaniyar

    Lew Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > On Mar 13, 12:20 am, Andreas Leitgeb <>
    > wrote:
    >> Andrew Thompson <> wrote:
    >>> Could you confirm that your (checks) Thunderbird
    >>> news client suppresses my signature?
    >>> --
    >>> Andrew T.

    >> Sorry, seems like google screws the final blank.

    > Thanks for confirming. :-(
    >
    > (I will probably continue to add it in the
    > vain hope that Google can get their excrement
    > together - and out of long habit..)

    Google Groups sucks like a vacuum cleaner.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Mar 13, 2008
  16. Rasikow Gnaniyar