I am not able to open IDLE in python on Vista.

Jayneil Dalal

This is the error message I get when I try to run Pyhon on Vista:

unable to create user config directory
C:\Users\Jayneil\.idlerc
Check path and permissions.
Exiting!

So please help me out!.

Thank you.

Andrea Crotti

Jayneil Dalal said:
This is the error message I get when I try to run Pyhon on Vista:

unable to create user config directory
C:\Users\Jayneil\.idlerc
Check path and permissions.
Exiting!

So please help me out!.

Thank you.

Best solution would be to avoid Windows Vista.
If that is not possible than you probably need to be administrator of
your machine.

Or at least who installed the program should have installed it for
everyone.
If you installed that I don't know how that thing could happen, but I'm
windows-free since the last century...

Werner Thie

Ever tried to run it as Administrator (right click, Run as Administrator...)

Werner