I broke View Source on IE?

dgk

suggestions. Cookies are not turned off. Notepad is where it is
supposed to be. I emptied the temporary internet files. I searched the
registry for a noviewsource key.

Nothing worked. View source does nothing. Any ideas? It works if I use
Firebird so I know I'm not going selectively blind. Yikes. Must be
time to reformat and reinstall everything. Surely there is some
solution short of that.

George Ter-Saakov

I saw an article in Microsoft KB
They recommended to check Tools/Options/General/Settings/View Objects and
remove bad object from there. Usually the bad is the one without name. Just
CLSID.

George.

dgk

I saw an article in Microsoft KB
They recommended to check Tools/Options/General/Settings/View Objects and
remove bad object from there. Usually the bad is the one without name. Just
CLSID.

George.

Ok, I removed three objects. Still no good. Perhaps after I reboot.

Curt_C [MVP]

I had the same issue, never found a resoultion. I reloaded my pc so it fixed
itself, but it was annoying.
I had to "save" the pages to view source.

dgk

I had the same issue, never found a resoultion. I reloaded my pc so it fixed
itself, but it was annoying.
I had to "save" the pages to view source.

Yup, deleting the objects did no good. I think I'll stick to using
FireFox when I need to view the source. It's good to see what the
pages look like in something besides IE anyway. I just noticed, for
instance, that my listbox is only four items long in FF. I wonder why
that is?

Rick Spiewak

This has happened to me periodically, seems to fix itself in much the same
way - no apparent reason, that is. A re-boot seems to help. I've resorted to
Netscape as a quick fix, but IE does seem to recover somehow...

Joerg Jooss

Rick said:
This has happened to me periodically, seems to fix itself in much the
same way - no apparent reason, that is. A re-boot seems to help. I've
resorted to Netscape as a quick fix, but IE does seem to recover
somehow...

Yep, same with one of my development PC at work. I could have sworn it is
caused by a combination of caching headers in the HTTP response and META
HTTP-EQUIV tags in the HTML, but I can't really reproduce it.

Cheers,