I can not produce the file *.aspx.designer.vb

AAaron123

Useing vs2008 I created a new web site.

I opened .aspx file to get the tab titled Default.aspx, which has the
views: Source, Split and Design

I draged a couple of components on to the .aspx (design) surface.

I right-clicked default.aspx and selected View Component Designer to get a
tab titled Default.aspx.vb[Design]

Which contains the message: To add components to your class drag them from
the toolbox....

I also opened the .vb file to get the tab titled: Default.aspx.vb

I've run the program and also clicked show all files.

But I can not produce the file *.aspx.designer.vb

The contents of the .vb and the .aspx files are listed below.

I checked the website folder there is no *.aspx.designer.vb file there.

Do I have something setup wrong??

Thanks

Partial Class _Default

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

End Class

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb"
Inherits="_Default" %>

<head runat="server">

<title></title>

</head>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />

<asp:Calendar ID="Calendar1" runat="server"></asp:Calendar>

</form>

Mark Fitzpatrick

Did you create a Web Site Project or a Web Application Project. The Web Site
Project, which was introduced with VS 2005, doesn't have designer files.
That could be the issue you're running into. If you go to File | New | We
Site, then that's the type of application that will be created. You'll want
the Web Application Project which is under the File | New Project and is
then under the C# | Web or VB.Net | Web project trees.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

AAaron123

Thanks a lot. That clears up that confusion. I have a Web Site Project. I
read about the Web Application Project and see no reason to go that way. Is
it used often?

I'm trying to learn why, when I open an .aspx file in Design mode only the
Master page shows. That is the asp:Content does not show! I started with the
Personal Web Site Starter Kit which I found under New/Web Site. It gave the
option to convert to 3.5 but I stayed with 2.0.

I just created another new project like that and it shows the content OK.

So I did something to cause the problem but can't image what!

Got ant ideas?

Thanks again