I Can Reference One Service Endpoint In My App But Not The Other.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by pbd22, Jul 21, 2009.

  1. pbd22

    pbd22 Guest

    Hi.

    After compiling my web service library (hosting two service endpoints)
    and attempting to call them from my Web client, I am noticing that I
    am able to call/see one but not the other and
    I can't sort out why this is happening.

    Below are my endpoint references (Trade and Authentication) in
    App.config. I am wondering if the reason that TradeServiceClient is
    available in my Web client but AuthServiceClient is not is that I am
    using the same port for the base addresses? Would this matter?

    Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance.

    <services>
    <service behaviorConfiguration="WebAPILibrary.WebAPIBehavior"
    name="SpoonSys.WebAPI.Trade.TradeService">
    <endpoint address="" binding="wsHttpBinding"
    contract="SpoonSys.WebAPI.Trade.ITradeService">
    <identity>
    <dns value="localhost" />
    </identity>
    </endpoint>
    <endpoint address="mex" binding="mexHttpBinding"
    contract="IMetadataExchange" />
    <host>
    <baseAddresses>
    <add baseAddress="http://localhost:8731/
    Design_Time_Addresses/WebAPILibrary/Trade/" />
    </baseAddresses>
    </host>
    </service>
    <service behaviorConfiguration="WebAPILibrary.WebAPIBehavior"
    name="SpoonSys.WebAPI.Authentication.AuthService">
    <endpoint address="" binding="wsHttpBinding"
    contract="SpoonSys.WebAPI.Authentication.IAuthService">
    <identity>
    <dns value="localhost" />
    </identity>
    </endpoint>
    <endpoint address="mex" binding="mexHttpBinding"
    contract="IMetadataExchange" />
    <host>
    <baseAddresses>
    <add baseAddress="http://localhost:8731/
    Design_Time_Addresses/WebAPILibrary/Authentication/" />
    </baseAddresses>
    </host>
    </service>
    </services>
    pbd22, Jul 21, 2009

  2. pbd22

    pbd22 Guest

    On Jul 21, 12:20 pm, pbd22 <> wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > After compiling my web service library (hosting two service endpoints)
    > and attempting to call them from my Web client, I am noticing that I
    > am able to call/see one but not the other and
    > I can't sort out why this is happening.
    >
    > Below are my endpoint references (Trade and Authentication) in
    > App.config. I am wondering if the reason that TradeServiceClient is
    > available in my Web client but AuthServiceClient is not is that I am
    > using the same port for the base addresses? Would this matter?
    >
    > Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance.
    >
    > <services>
    >       <service behaviorConfiguration="WebAPILibrary.WebAPIBehavior"
    > name="SpoonSys.WebAPI.Trade.TradeService">
    >         <endpoint address="" binding="wsHttpBinding"
    > contract="SpoonSys.WebAPI.Trade.ITradeService">
    >           <identity>
    >             <dns value="localhost" />
    >           </identity>
    >         </endpoint>
    >         <endpoint address="mex" binding="mexHttpBinding"
    > contract="IMetadataExchange" />
    >         <host>
    >           <baseAddresses>
    >             <add baseAddress="http://localhost:8731/
    > Design_Time_Addresses/WebAPILibrary/Trade/" />
    >           </baseAddresses>
    >         </host>
    >       </service>
    >       <service behaviorConfiguration="WebAPILibrary.WebAPIBehavior"
    > name="SpoonSys.WebAPI.Authentication.AuthService">
    >         <endpoint address="" binding="wsHttpBinding"
    > contract="SpoonSys.WebAPI.Authentication.IAuthService">
    >           <identity>
    >             <dns value="localhost" />
    >           </identity>
    >         </endpoint>
    >         <endpoint address="mex" binding="mexHttpBinding"
    > contract="IMetadataExchange" />
    >         <host>
    >           <baseAddresses>
    >             <add baseAddress="http://localhost:8731/
    > Design_Time_Addresses/WebAPILibrary/Authentication/" />
    >           </baseAddresses>
    >         </host>
    >       </service>
    >     </services>

    I am curious why I am not getting a response to this - anything else i
    can provide?
    pbd22, Jul 22, 2009