I can't access a web application hosted on a workgroup computer

gmogollon

I created a web application that works fine if I access it from the
computer that hosts the application. If I try accessing the web
application from another computer in the workgroup it doesn't work. Can
anybody help me with the necessary IIS or permission settings so I can
get to my web application from any computer in the workgroup.

Thanks

MikeS

Exactly how doesn't it work?

Is it that you browse to http://localhost/MyApp from another PC in the
workgroup and the app doesn't appear.

Or you browse to http://SomePc/MyApp and the app doesn't appear.

Or you browse to http://SomePc/MyApp and it asks for a login three time
then quits?

Can you ping SomePc and get the name to resolve via DNS?

Is the firewall on SomePc allowing HTTP servicservice?

If you can surf http://SomePc/MyApp is there an error being generated
by ASP.NET?
Can you see that in the event log or set customErrors="off" and or
tracing on to get a better handle on the problem?

How you configures IIS depends on what you are trying to do with the
web application.