I can't deploy my asp.net web project because of this error

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Guest

Do what is says and you will get a more meaningfull error, i.e. make sure
there is a section that reads something like below in your web.config file

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Once you have a more meaningfull error, if you are still stuck post it here.

dgk

Do what is says and you will get a more meaningfull error, i.e. make sure
there is a section that reads something like below in your web.config file

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Once you have a more meaningfull error, if you are still stuck post it here.

Yes, I hit this recently. If you don't have a customErrors section in
your development config.web, publishing the app will cause the
deployed config.web to have customErrors="RemoteOnly", which means
that no errors will be shown if accessed from another machine. But if
you have customErrors defined in your development config.web, it will
be deployed as it exists. Apparently.

Mischa Kroon

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be
viewable
on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a
"web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the
current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its
"mode" attribute set to "Off".

First do what it says.

Second make sure that the directory in which the web.config resides is a IIS
application.