I don't get this!

wcb

I have downloaded Bluefish and loaded it up
on Mandrake 10.1.
I went to the WWWC tutorial page.

http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/011/firstcss.en.html#colors

I try the example on this page.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
<head>
<title>My first styled page</title>
</head>

etc.

THEIR example shows me "My first styled page"
as a a larger font on screen. Using Opera,
I don't get that. The header does not expand
font size as per their example.

Is there something I am not understanding?
Bluefish broken? Opera broken?
No! It doesn't work in Konquerer either!

I tried a few work arounds and it simply refuses
to look like their example.

So I think, lets cut and paste to Bluefish. No!
Can't do THAT!
Why is a simple header hard here?

I cut and past to Kate and open it and it works!
Am I the only one having problems with Bluefish?

Jukka K. Korpela

wcb said:
I try the example on this page.

Please post the URL of your test. We cannot know whether you have
copied the example correctly. And we cannot know which style sheet you
are using.
THEIR example shows me "My first styled page"
as a a larger font on screen. Using Opera,
I don't get that. The header does not expand
font size as per their example.

There is nothing that should affect font size there, except in the
sense that h1 elements are commonly displayed in large font, according
to browser defaults.

P.S. In future, use descriptive Subject lines, instead on emotional
bursts.

wcb

Jukka said:
Please post the URL of your test. We cannot know whether you have
copied the example correctly. And we cannot know which style sheet you
are using.

Never mind, it was me. I typed hl rather than h1
and looked at that 25 times and didn't catch it!

data64

Never mind, it was me. I typed hl rather than h1
and looked at that 25 times and didn't catch it!

What helps with this is to tell you editor to use a font that can clearly
distinguish between such characters that can cause problems.
See http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/12/6/11739/5249

Please note, I am talking about a font for showing you(the developer) the
html code, not what will be shown to the visitor of your website.

data64

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, wcb quothed
Never mind, it was me. I typed hl rather than h1
and looked at that 25 times and didn't catch it!

That's l he11 of an excuse!