I don't get this!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by wcb, Jun 18, 2005.

  1. wcb

    wcb Guest

    I have downloaded Bluefish and loaded it up
    on Mandrake 10.1.
    I went to the WWWC tutorial page.

    http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/011/firstcss.en.html#colors

    I try the example on this page.

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
    <head>
    <title>My first styled page</title>
    </head>

    etc.

    THEIR example shows me "My first styled page"
    as a a larger font on screen. Using Opera,
    I don't get that. The header does not expand
    font size as per their example.

    Is there something I am not understanding?
    Bluefish broken? Opera broken?
    No! It doesn't work in Konquerer either!

    I tried a few work arounds and it simply refuses
    to look like their example.

    So I think, lets cut and paste to Bluefish. No!
    Can't do THAT!
    Why is a simple header hard here?

    I cut and past to Kate and open it and it works!
    Am I the only one having problems with Bluefish?

    --

    When I shake my killfile, I can hear them buzzing!

    Cheerful Charlie

    wcb, Jun 18, 2005

  2. wcb <> wrote:

    > I try the example on this page.

    Please post the URL of your test. We cannot know whether you have
    copied the example correctly. And we cannot know which style sheet you
    are using.

    > THEIR example shows me "My first styled page"
    > as a a larger font on screen. Using Opera,
    > I don't get that. The header does not expand
    > font size as per their example.

    There is nothing that should affect font size there, except in the
    sense that h1 elements are commonly displayed in large font, according
    to browser defaults.

    P.S. In future, use descriptive Subject lines, instead on emotional
    bursts.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jun 18, 2005

  3. wcb

    wcb Guest

    Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

    > wcb <> wrote:
    >
    >> I try the example on this page.

    > Please post the URL of your test. We cannot know whether you have
    > copied the example correctly. And we cannot know which style sheet you
    > are using.

    Never mind, it was me. I typed hl rather than h1
    and looked at that 25 times and didn't catch it!

    wcb, Jun 18, 2005
  4. wcb

    Robert Guest

    Robert, Jun 18, 2005
  5. wcb

    data64 Guest

    wcb <> wrote in news:11b7t8n3cbl2375
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > Never mind, it was me. I typed hl rather than h1
    > and looked at that 25 times and didn't catch it!

    What helps with this is to tell you editor to use a font that can clearly
    distinguish between such characters that can cause problems.
    See http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/12/6/11739/5249

    Please note, I am talking about a font for showing you(the developer) the
    html code, not what will be shown to the visitor of your website.

    data64

    data64, Jun 20, 2005
  6. wcb

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, wcb quothed

    > Never mind, it was me. I typed hl rather than h1
    > and looked at that 25 times and didn't catch it!

    That's l he11 of an excuse!

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Jun 22, 2005