I don't hebrew on my site.

Mr. x

Hello,

I am building a web-site.
For a reason, I don't know why,
if I put my site on my computer - I see hebrew character fine,
but when I put my site on hosting company I don't see hebrew character.

In my html page there is a line in the head section :

Till, I don't see hebrew, only when I try to see my site from the web
(hosting company).

What may be the reason for that ?

Thanks :)

Klaus Johannes Rusch

Mr. x said:
I am building a web-site.
For a reason, I don't know why,
if I put my site on my computer - I see hebrew character fine,
but when I put my site on hosting company I don't see hebrew character.
What may be the reason for that ?

Most likely the Web server is sending a Content-Type header with a different
character set, which overrides the meta tag in the source code.

Mr. x

So, what you are saying I should find another hosting server company.

I see another characters instead of Hebrew (letter "a" with two dots above
it, etc...)
This behaviour happens only when I am using aspx, or asmx, and doesn't
happen on html, nor java scripts,
so it seems to be a problem on the server side.

I hardly believe that there is a problem in the hosting company that doesn't
support multi-language support (in my case www.webhost4life.com), but also I
need (to be sure about this) some tinny scripts for aspx and asmx, pleasem
that are declared for character set (Hebrew = windows-1255).

Thanks :)

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, seen in
Till, I don't see hebrew, only when I try to see my site from the web
(hosting company).

What may be the reason for that ?

That is a question which you should ask of your hosting company. If
they are not Israeli, they may be unable to read Hebrew; but they ought
to be able to recognise whether or not Hebrew is being displayed.

Klaus Johannes Rusch

Mr. x said:
So, what you are saying I should find another hosting server company.

I see another characters instead of Hebrew (letter "a" with two dots above
it, etc...)
This behaviour happens only when I am using aspx, or asmx, and doesn't
happen on html, nor java scripts,
so it seems to be a problem on the server side.

Simply look at the headers to tell for sure (and rather than changing providers,
you can probably ask them to change the server configuration):

telnet yourserver.example.com 80
GET /yourpage.aspx HTTP/1.0