    (hosting company).

    What may be the reason for that ?

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Nov 3, 2003

  2. "Mr. x" wrote:

    > I am building a web-site.
    > For a reason, I don't know why,
    > if I put my site on my computer - I see hebrew character fine,
    > but when I put my site on hosting company I don't see hebrew character.
    > What may be the reason for that ?

    Most likely the Web server is sending a Content-Type header with a different
    character set, which overrides the meta tag in the source code.

    --
    Klaus Johannes Rusch

    http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/
    Klaus Johannes Rusch, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Mr. x

    VK Guest

    Would greatly help to know WHAT do you see instead ?
    VK, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    So, what you are saying I should find another hosting server company.

    I see another characters instead of Hebrew (letter "a" with two dots above
    it, etc...)
    This behaviour happens only when I am using aspx, or asmx, and doesn't
    happen on html, nor java scripts,
    so it seems to be a problem on the server side.

    I hardly believe that there is a problem in the hosting company that doesn't
    support multi-language support (in my case www.webhost4life.com), but also I
    need (to be sure about this) some tinny scripts for aspx and asmx, pleasem
    that are declared for character set (Hebrew = windows-1255).

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Nov 3, 2003
  5. JRS: In article <3fa60a2d@news.012.net.il>, seen in
    news:comp.lang.javascript, Mr. x <> posted at Mon, 3 Nov 2003
    09:54:36 :-

    >Till, I don't see hebrew, only when I try to see my site from the web
    >(hosting company).
    >
    >What may be the reason for that ?

    That is a question which you should ask of your hosting company. If
    they are not Israeli, they may be unable to read Hebrew; but they ought
    to be able to recognise whether or not Hebrew is being displayed.

    <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-index.htm> JS maths, dates, sources.
    Dr John Stockton, Nov 4, 2003
  6. "Mr. x" wrote:

    > So, what you are saying I should find another hosting server company.
    >
    > I see another characters instead of Hebrew (letter "a" with two dots above
    > it, etc...)
    > This behaviour happens only when I am using aspx, or asmx, and doesn't
    > happen on html, nor java scripts,
    > so it seems to be a problem on the server side.

    Simply look at the headers to tell for sure (and rather than changing providers,
    you can probably ask them to change the server configuration):

    telnet yourserver.example.com 80
    GET /yourpage.aspx HTTP/1.0

    Klaus Johannes Rusch, Nov 4, 2003