I don't understand this error: File or assembly name l6v3q9ad.dll, or one of its dependencies, was n

Mike Lopez

File or assembly name l6v3q9ad.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not
found.I created a WebService project using the template in VS 2003 (.Net
Framework 1.1).Each time that I refresh the page (F5) the DLL name changes,
but the message surrounding it is the same.What's going on?Thanks in
advance,Mike

DalePres

That might be an indication that your project includes controls dynamically
created at runtime that cannot be compiled into the project dll. When that
happens, .Net compiles and creates a temporary dll each time it runs the
page. The real problem, of course, is that probably one of the dependencies
for the dynamic dll can't be built. Check your code and the error messages
for more clues.

DalePres
MCAD, MCDBA, MCSE

Mike Lopez

Hi Dale. Thanks for responding.

What the project consists of is a class that was generated by XSD.exe from a
schema. This created a .cs file.

I created a webservice project, added this .cs file to the project, created
instances of all the class objects that XSD created, populated the
attributes with values, and created a webmethod to return the "base/root"
element (class name).

I thought this was all I had to do, I guess not. Thing is, if I remove the
[System.Xml.....] attributes from all of the generated classes, it works.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

Mike

Dan Rogers

This is typically a permissions problem. The classes you generated with
XSD.exe get compiled the first time you make a call into a DLL that
contains the custom serializer for those types. This is then added as a
dynamic reference. If there is a permission problem in writing the DLL,
you can get this error. This typically happens when someone has changed
the "run-as" settings from the default, or restricted the permissions on
the directories in your vroot.

Try reinstalling the .NET runtime (or running the regiis_net command
(something like that))
From: "Mike Lopez" <[email protected]>
Subject: I don't understand this error: File or assembly name
l6v3q9ad.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found.