I dont want a user to view the page name on the address bar

ManishShukla_atforum

hi

I dont want a user to view the page name on the address bar
can I do that?
Means user can navigate the site clicking on links, but on any page th
address bar will only show the
domainname/folderName/index.htm

Guest

Hello Manish,

You could use UrlMapping to hide the true name of the page and show more
friendly names. In asp.net 2.0 there is a <urlMappings> section available in
web.config which handles simple, less dynamic cases of mapping. For more
dynamic/robust cases you can write some code. There are a number of articles
discussing this matter and can be found by following this link:
http://www.aspnetworld.com/articles/2004011901.aspx

Cary

What if someone wants to bookmark the page??

Seems rather anti-friendly for the user.

"ManishShukla_atforum"