I don't want to use buttons

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Brent Webster, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. I have an asp page that is attached to database and I want to update
    the database when the window is closed.

    It is basically 5 text boxes wide by 8 text boxes high and these are
    all dynamically built by the database loading. I know exactly what
    textbox has what in it. I can do everything by submitting a form but
    I do not want a button to submit.

    Is there a way to when the window is closed run update code for a
    database.

    I can also open and close another page to do the update if need be.

    This is the code that I can use from the submit button. I load an
    array with all the values and can loop through these with the
    database.

    <FORM ACTION=:"array.asp" METHOD="get" id=frmName name=frmName>

    I can dynamically build the following which is currently produced by
    the submit button.

    array.asp?WeekFrom=8/12/2004&WeekTo=8/17/2004&tempid=2&line1text1=21&line1text2=&line1text3=&line1text4=&line1text5=55&cmdSubmit=Submit

    Any help stopping people from pushing my buttons would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Brent

    Brent Webster, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Brent Webster

    Carol Carrot Guest

    You could have the database updated on seession end.
    You could shorten the session time from 20 minutes to 3 to speed things up.

    You could have the page automatically refresh /post after 15 seconds.

    Carol Carrot, Aug 17, 2004